Monday, July 2, 2012

I,VE BEEN THINKING AGAIN !!

Hi everyone,
    I've been thinking again!!  Imagine that!  Well, here it is:
           
                   Should we blame all our sin (and sins) on Adam?  It occurred to me this morning that, instead of blaming ourselves and building up a mountain of guilt that we get buried under, we should maybe place all the blame on Adam.  Because of his disobedience to God and his acceptance of self over God, he was thrown out of Paradise and allowed to wallow and live and die in this selfish, sinful state, separated from God.  And we are all his descendants, born outside of Paradise.  Born with the selfish, sinful nature.  Born separated from God.  We cannot help ourselves.  We sin because we are following our nature.  'Sins' are the fruit of this natural state.  I blame you, Adam!  I place the blame on you for disobeying God and allowing me to be born in this awful state!  My only fault was not realizing for 48 years that I was living separated from God!  But when God met me I saw a vision of that innate sinful nature that all mankind is born with.  And it was pure evil and filth.  The only way I could see that sinful nature was by comparison to God's Holy Nature which I recieved a fleeting glimpse of at the moment of my conversion.  It was the same glimpse of the totality of God's Holiness that Moses saw when he approached the burning bush and was told that this was Holy Ground.  It was the same glimpse of God's Nature that Moses could not gaze upon when he recieved the ten commandments, and his entire physical appearance was transformed.  It was the same glimpse of the Holiness of God that Isaiah saw, and as a result of that glimpse he cried out, "Woe is me, I am a man of unclean lips."  Instantaneously Isaiah saw the nature of pure Holiness, and it brought him to his knees as he saw the evil sinful nature in comparison.  Readers, when we briefly get a glimpse of God's Holy nature we are instantly changed forever.  We see the nature that Adam chose over being with God in Paradise.  And our spirits cry out in agony, "WOE IS ME".  Blame Adam.

               Please read Isaiah 6: 1 - 8.  I know you will be blessed by this passage!

No comments:

Post a Comment